This became the residence of the English envoy in June 1859. The first envoy was Sir Rutherford Alcock. Sword cuts and bullet holes remain in the study and on the pillar at the entrance of Tozen-ji , from the time when the Mito clanfs masterless samurai advocating restoration of the emperor and expelling of the barbarians attacked on 28 May 1861.
|Address||3-16-16 Takanawa; Tozen-ji|
|Keywords||Embassy,Shrines / Temples,New directions,Capital designated cultural assets|